Instant Accessto State, County and Municipal Public Records

Businesses, Click Here
Washington.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.


Staterecords.org provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources.

Staterecords.org is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency.

Staterecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by Staterecords.org for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. Staterecords.org cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing Staterecords.org to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Washington Unclaimed Money

How to Claim Unclaimed Money in Washington

Washington unclaimed money are funds escheated to the Washington Department of Revenue after a period of inactivity. Banks, credit unions, state and federal agencies typically report account balances, unclaimed refunds, uncashed checks, benefits, deposits, and other forms of money as unclaimed after three years.

Per the Washington Uniform Unclaimed Property Act, the Department of Revenue maintains and regularly updates a publicly available government list of unclaimed money in Washington. Other entities with custody of unclaimed money also maintain similar lists and resources for claiming unclaimed money.

How to Find Unclaimed Money in Washington

Interested persons who wish to find unclaimed money in Washington must search the unclaimed money database. The rightful owner’s full name, address, and property ID are useful as search parameters.

A typical name-based search will reveal the owner’s name, last known physical address, property ID, and known co-owners of the unclaimed money. The searcher will also see the business or agency that reported the funds as unclaimed money. These details are important for claiming unclaimed property later on.

How Do I Find Unclaimed Money for Free

The Washington unclaimed money database lets interested persons find unclaimed money for free. However, the search results are mostly restricted to unclaimed money reported by entities operating in Washington. Persons with unclaimed money in other states or with federal agencies must use the resource provided by that agency. Some of these include the workers owed wages database, the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation resource page for pension benefits, and the National Credit Union Administration’s unclaimed deposits listings.

How to Claim Unclaimed Money in Washington

There are two ways to claim unclaimed money in Washington, depending on the claimant’s preference. A claimant may choose to claim unclaimed money online, which allows for a faster processing time. Alternatively, the individual may contact the Department of Revenue directly by mailing an application.

Claim Unclaimed Money Online in Washington

The electronic method of claiming unclaimed money involves seven steps. The individual must:

  1. Visit the unclaimed money website — https://ucp.dor.wa.gov/
  2. Search the database using the owner’s name
  3. Select the unclaimed property items that match the owner’s name and address
  4. Click the “Continue to file claim” button on the screen
  5. Identify your relationship to each unclaimed money
  6. Provide the requested personal information and contact details, including biodata and social security number
  7. Review the claim and submit

The system will prompt the claimant to upload supporting documentation to establish identity and prove the claim. Relevant identity documents include a driver’s license, state ID, birth certificate, and US passport.

On the other hand, documents establishing proof of claim include pay stubs, receipts, bank documents, letters, wills, court orders, and power of attorney. The documents required will depend on the form of unclaimed money, the amount of unclaimed money, and the claimant’s relationship to the unclaimed money.

Claim Unclaimed Money by Mail in Washington

Persons who wish to file a paper claim for unclaimed money in Washington must contact the Department of Revenue on (360) 534-1502 or email ucp@dor.wa.gov. Request that the Department mail a paper claims form to an address or P.O. Box. Note that sending the form typically takes at least three business days. In the meantime, the claimant must prepare the necessary documentation to establish identity and support the claim.

Upon receiving the form, complete it with the necessary information, sign, and notarize the form. Attach the supporting documentation. Then, mail the application packet to the agency using the contact information below:

Washington Department of Revenue
ATTN: Unclaimed Property Division
P.O. Box 47477
Olympia, WA 98504-7477

How Long Does It Take to Get Unclaimed Money in Washington

It depends. Online claims typically take sixty (60) days from the submission date to approval. Then, the claimant will receive a check for the unclaimed money via mail within 2 - 3 weeks after approval. Mail-in claims take longer due to the mailing logistics.

Claims that require the claimant to provide specific unavailable documents to establish their claims also take longer. In the meantime, persons who claim unclaimed money may check the claim status or contact the Department to inquire about the claim status.

Who Can Claim Unclaimed Money From Deceased Relatives

Persons named as heirs, beneficiaries, next of kin, and immediate family members are eligible to claim unclaimed money on deceased relatives’ behalf. These individuals must, however, provide supporting documentation. Prime on this list of required documents is a certified death certificate.

Immediate family members may also provide a birth certificate, marriage certificate, or divorce decree, depending on their relationship with the deceased. Similarly, persons named as will executors, court-appointed estate administrators, and persons authorized by power of attorney may submit a claim.

What Happens to Unclaimed Money in Washington if No One Claims It?

There is no time limit to claim unclaimed money in Washington. Unclaimed money escheated to the Washington Department of Revenue remains claimable at any time. Until a legitimate claimant submits a claim, the agency shall maintain custody of the funds in perpetuity.

Can Someone in Washington Claim Unclaimed Money From Another State?

Yes. Washington residents who have lived in other states may file a claim using the information and resources provided by the state agency with custody of the unclaimed funds. Staterecords.org also maintains a useful library of resources for claiming unclaimed money in various states.