Businesses, Click Here
Washington.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.


Staterecords.org provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources.

Staterecords.org is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency.

Staterecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by Staterecords.org for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. Staterecords.org cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing Staterecords.org to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Thurston County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Criminal Records

The Thurston County Sheriff's Office serves as the main law enforcement agency for the county. It maintains and provides access to criminal and correctional facility records through its Records Division. Members of the public can also access records or request state-wide background checks by contacting the Washington State Patrol. However, only certified criminal justice agencies can receive full criminal history record information. Public access is limited to conviction information and arrests in the last year.

How to Get Arrest Records & Police Reports

The Thurston County Sheriff's Office allows Thurston residents to file and obtain police reports of incidents within its jurisdiction. Interested parties may file police reports online or request copies of police reports using the county's public records request portal. Alternatively, queries for police records can be made via mail or in person using the Public Records Request Form and submitted at the County's Sheriff Office at:

Thurston County Sheriff's Office
2000 Lakeridge Drive SW
Olympia, WA 98502

How to Get Public Records

Interested parties can send queries to the County's Sheriff Office or the Superior Court of the County of Thurston using the county's online record request center. Requests typically require some information concerning the respondent as well as copying or mailing fees (if applicable). Mail or in-person queries may be made by completing and sending a public records request form to the Thurston County Sheriff's office at:

SW, Building 3
2000 Lakeridge Drive
Olympia, WA 98502

Residents can also submit a duly completed criminal history background check request form via mail or in person to the Superior Court of The County of Thurston at:

Thurston County Superior Court
2000 Lakeridge Drive SW, Bldg 2
Olympia, WA 98502
Phone: (360) 786-5560
Fax: (360) 754-4060

For state-wide criminal history records and background checks requesters may make their queries online using the Washington Access Criminal History platform or via mail/in-person by submitting a Request For Conviction Criminal History form to the WSP at:

Washington State Patrol
Helen Sommers Building
106 11th Ave. SW
Olympia, WA 98501
Phone: (360) 596-4000

How to Find Sex Offender Information

The Thurston County Sheriff's Office maintains a statewide registered sex offender website which provides public access to all registered sex offenders and convicted kidnappers within the county. Interested parties may view or copy information about sex offenders within the county. Residents can also stay up to date about offender information by subscribing to the email notification feature that alerts individuals of sex offenders within a mile of their address.

How to Find Inmate and Jail Information

The Corrections Bureau of the Thurston County Sheriff's Office provides information about inmates booked into the Thurston County Corrections facility. Members of the public can access inmate and jail information using the department's corrections facility roster search tool (available on the Sheriff's Office website). Searches will require the name and personal information of the inmate or skimming through the jails entire log. However, this log excludes information about released inmates. While the Thurston County Corrections facility provides a daily list of inmates released, this publication is limited to inmates released within the last 24 hours.

Court Records

Where & How to Get Court Records

The Thurston County Clerk's Office processes requests for public court records filed at the superior court. Interested parties may request and retrieve the required document by registering for full access to the Thurston County Clerk Portal or by making in-person, phone, mail or email queries to the Office of the County Clerk.

In-Person Requests

Members of the public may retrieve records of interest by visiting Thurston County Clerk's Office and using the public workstation provided for searching and retrieving Superior Court Documents. Take note that search and copy fees may apply.

Thurston County Clerk's Office
Main Courthouse
2000 Lakeridge Dr SW Bldg #2
Olympia, WA 98502

Electronic/Mail Requests

Mail requests for all superior court records should be accompanied by the case number of the record, a cashier's cheque to cover search and copy fees as well as a stamped and self-addressed envelope. Requests must then be sent to:

Thurston County Clerk's Office
Main Courthouse
2000 Lakeridge Dr SW Bldg #2
Olympia, WA 98502

Alternatively, email requests may only include the case number of the record in question and sent to county_clerk@co.thurston.wa.us.

District Court Records

Requests for court records of cases filed with the Thurston County District Court are managed and processed by the office of the Public Records Officer. These records may be accessed by interested parties who complete and send the court record request form via mail to:

Public Records Officer
Thurston County District Court
2000 Lakeridge Drive SW, Building 3
Olympia, WA 98502-6045

Or via email to DCpublicrecords@co.thurston.wa.us. Take note that certified copies cost $5 per document, while copies cost $0.15 per page.

Location of All Counts in the County

Below is a location directory of all the courts in the County of Thurston.

The Thurston County Superior Court

Thurston County Courthouse
2000 Lakeridge Drive, SW, Building 2, Olympia WA 98502
Phone: (360) 786-5430

The Thurston County Family & Juvenile Court

Physical Address:
2801 32nd Avenue SW, Tumwater, WA 98512

Mailing Address:
Thurston County Courthouse
2000 Lakeridge Drive, SW, Building 2, Olympia WA 98502
Phone: (360) 786-5430

The Thurston County District Court
2000 Lakeridge Drive, SW, Building 3, Olympia, WA 98502
Phone: (360) 786-5450
Fax: (360) 754-3359

Olympia Municipal Court
Lee Creighton Justice Center
900 Plum Street SE, Olympia, WA 98501
Phone: (360) 753-8312
Fax: (360) 753-8775

Tenino Municipal Court
149 Hodgden Street S, P.O. Box 4019, Tenino, WA 98589
Phone: (360) 264-2368
Fax: (360) 264-5772

Yelm Municipal Court
Public Safety Building, 206 McKenzie Avenue SE, Yelm, WA 98597
Phone: (360) 458-3242
Fax: (360) 458-3566

Lacey Violations Bureau
420 College Street SE, Lacey, WA 98509
Phone: (360) 491-3211
Fax: (360) 438-2669

Tumwater Violations Divisions
Tumwater City Hall
555 Israel Road SW, Tumwater, WA 98501
Phone: (360) 754-4190
Fax: (360) 754-4138

How to Get Bankruptcy & Property Records

The Office of The Thurston County Auditor serves as a repository for deeds and other key property documents. Interested parties may access copies of relevant documents by preparing a written request which should include the auditor's file number, a return address and payment for copies (at $1 per page) and/or certified copies (at $3 per document).

Requests should then be sent to:

Thurston County Auditor
Attn: Copy Request
2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW
Olympia, WA 98502

Alternatively, supplicants may search for the documents of interest using the Washington Online Document Search log.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

The Washington State Department of Health processes state-level requests for vital records. At county level, vital records are maintained and issued by the Public Health Department and the Office of the County Clerk. Requesters must meet eligibility requirements before accessing these records.

Where and How to Get Divorce Records

The Office of the Thurston County Clerk receives and processes requests relating to divorce record retrieval or copying. Interested parties may access the relevant record by self-serving with the public workstation available in the Thurston County Clerk's Office or requesting the records of interest via mail or email. In person requests may be made during working hours at the County Clerk's Office or the Family/Juvenile Court Office at:

2801 32nd Avenue SW
Tumwater, WA 98512
Phone: (360) 709-3260

Mail requests must include details of the registrant, a cashiers check or money order made payable to the County Clerk's Office, as well as a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Requests may then be mailed to:

Thurston County Clerk's Office,
2000 Lakeridge Dr SW Bldg #2
Olympia, WA 98502

How to Get Marriage Records

Queries relating to marriage certificates and licenses are received and processed by the Office of the Thurston County Auditor. Applicants are required to submit requests via mail or in person to the:

Thurston County Auditor
Attn: Copy Request
2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW
Olympia, WA 98502

Requests must be accompanied by the personal details of the registrant as well as any applicable fees. Copies cost $1 per page, and certified copies cost $3 for the first page and $1 for subsequent pages.

Note: Card transactions attract an additional service charge of no more than 2.35% of the total fees due.

How to Get Birth & Death Records

The Thurston County Public Health Department maintains and issues records of births and deaths that have occurred within the county/state. However, only records of births from July 1, 1907 and deaths from January 1, 2008 to present are available in this office. Older records may be obtained from the Washington State Department of Public Health or the Office of the Thurston County Auditor.

To request a birth or death certificate, interested parties are required to send a completed Birth Certificate Application or Death Certificate Application along with a non-refundable cheque or money order payment of $20 to:

Thurston County Public Health & Social Services
Vital Records
412 Lilly Road NE
Olympia, WA 98506-5132
Fax: (360) 867-2600

Are Property Records Open to the Public in Thurston County?

In compliance with the U.S. State of Washington Public Records Act, anyone can access all property records in Thurston County. People can submit requests to view or copy Thurston County property records to the Thurston County Auditor.

Where and How to Find Property Records in Thurston County

People can request Thurston County property records either in person, by post mail, or online. Requestors can order copies of Thurston property records by calling (360) 786-5405. For mail orders, residents can send a written request containing the document's Auditor's File Number, money order, or check made payable to the "Thurston County Auditor”, and a return address to:

Thurston County Auditor
Attn: Copy Request
Lakeridge Drive South West
Olympia, WA 98502

Copies of records cost $1 per page. Certified copies of records cost $3.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. Bulk Images are 2.5 cents per image, while maps larger than 11 inches by 17 inches cost $5 for the first page and $3 for each additional page. Anyone can order copies of public records by visiting the Auditor's office in person at:

Lakeridge Drive South West
Olympia, WA 98502

How to Look Up Thurston County Property Records

The Assessor's Office maintains Thurston County property records for tax purposes. People can search the A+ Parcel Search Tool maintained by the Assessor's office to view property data. Requesters can search the portal using the 11-digit number parcel number of the property, the name of the Owner/Taxpayer, or the address of the property. Upon searching, requesters can double click on the property number in the search result display to view ownership and parcel information.

In-person support is available at the Thurston County Auditor's office stated below:

Lakeridge Drive South West
Olympia, WA 98502

The office of the Thurston County Auditor also maintains an online property database. However, due to privacy matters, people can only view certain documents online, including most Maps, Declaration of Forfeitures, Notice of Intent of Forfeits (NIF), Notice of Trustee's Sales(NTS), and Discontinuances of NIFs and NTSs. However, people can find maps and surveys on the Online Record Index. To find a survey, requesters can use the name of the survey applicant or search by using the section township and range. People can also find liens and Easements by searching the Online Record Index. Information on liens is accessible using the name of the individual who the lien is against or by parcel number.

Location of Thurston County Township Property Assessors

Lakeridge Drive South West
Olympia, WA 98502
Phone: (360) 867-2200
Fax: (360) 867-220