Businesses, Click Here
Washington.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.


Staterecords.org provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources.

Staterecords.org is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency.

Staterecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by Staterecords.org for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. Staterecords.org cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing Staterecords.org to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Spokane County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Crime Numbers

The Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs provide crime statistics for all of the counties in the state since 1990. Its records show that 18,952 Part I crimes were committed in Spokane County in 2016, the last year with a complete set of crime data. This figure represents a 14% dip in crime rate compared to the previous year and a 34.9% drop compared to the crime total for 2012.

A breakdown of the 2017 crime statistics for Spokane County shows that there were 9 murders, 166 rapes, 704 assaults, and 301 robberies. Incidences of property crimes include 88 arsons, 2,997 burglaries, 12,719 larcenies, and 1,968 motor vehicle thefts. The five-year crime trend shows that rape was the only crime that increased in the period between 2012 and 2016. Its 26.7% rise is mostly due to the expanded definition of the crime in theintervening years.

Murder, assault, and robbery rates declined by 47.1%, 23.6%, and 53.9% respectively. There were 12% fewer arsons in 2016 compared to 2012 while burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft rates went down by 49.7%, 31.2%, and 31.1% respectively.

Criminal Records

The Washington State Patrol provides criminal history checks for all counties in the state. Members of the public can request this service in person, by mail, and online. Use the Washington Access to Criminal History (WATCH) portal to run criminal background checks. This website requires users to register and log in before conducting searches. The fee for each name search is $12 while each notary request made through this portal attracts a charge of $10. Fees are payable with credit/debit cards.

To request a criminal history report by mail, download and complete the Request for Conviction Criminal History Form. Send this, along with a check or money order covering application fees, to:

Washington State Patrol
Identification and Background Check Section
P.O. Box 42633
Olympia, WA 98504-2633

There is a $16 fee for each criminal history report obtained based on name and date of birth searches. Those requesting fingerprint-based criminal history searches should include fingerprint cards with full sets of fingerprints already rolled onto them. The fee for this service is $38. There is an additional $10 fee to include a notarized letter with the criminal history report generated.

The same fees apply to in-person requests for criminal history records. Visit the Washington State Patrol office at 106 11th Avenue SW, Suite 1300, Olympia WA to fill a request form. Bring a fingerprint card with a full set of prints to request for a fingerprint-based search and report. Fees are payable in cash, check, or credit/debit card.

Incident reports from the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office and the Spokane Police Department are available from the same Records Division. You can request for an incident/case report online by following the links on the Records Request page. Alternatively, send a written request by mail to:

Attn: Spokane Records
Police Records Unit
1100 W. Mallon Ave.
Spokane, WA 99260

These law enforcement agencies do not provide traffic collision reports. To obtain one of these, visit the Washington State Patrol Requests for Electronic Collision Reports portal and search for the report. After finding it, you can buy the report for $10.50. Alternatively, you can request for a collision report by mail. Complete a Request for Copy of Collision Form and send it, along with a check or money order for the $10.50 fee payable to Washington State Patrol, to:

Washington State Patrol
Collision Records Section
P.O. Box 42628
Olympia, WA 98504-2628

The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office provides a handy online resource to help residents search for registered sex offenders living in the county. Visit the Sheriff’s Offender Search webpage to find sex offenders living around your neighborhood. Use the resource to search the state’s sex offender registry by name, city, street address, and zip code. Residents of Spokane County can also find information about non-compliant offenders using this tool.

The Spokane County Detention Services is the department that operates the county jail. This correctional facility is located on the County Campus and north of the Public Safety Building. Its address is 1100 W. Mallon Avenue, Spokane while its phone number is (509) 477-2278.

Search the regularly updated Jail Roster published by Detention Services to find individuals currently in the county jail. To deposit funds in an inmate’s account, come to the cashier’s window at the county jail between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The cashier’s window briefly closes between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Alternatively, use the kiosk in the jail lobby. Both locations accepts cash deposits. The Spokane County Jail also accepts money orders sent via US Mail and Western Union as well as cashier’s checks sent by mail.

Court Records

Spokane County is home to two Superior Courts, two District Courts, and four Municipal Courts. Below are the addresses and contact information of these courts.

Spokane County Superior Court
Spokane County Courthouse
1116 W Broadway Avenue, Room 300, Spokane, WA 99260
Phone: (509) 477-2211

Spokane County Superior Court - Juvenile
902 N Adams Street, Spokane, WA 99260
Phone: (509) 477-4742
Fax: (509) 477-2699

Spokane County District Court
Public Safety Building
1100 W Mallon Avenue, P.O. Box 2352, Spokane, WA 99210
Phone: (509) 477-4770
Fax: (509) 477-6445
Spokane County District Court also handles municipal court functions for Deer Park, Fairfield, Latah, Liberty Lake, Millwood, Rockford, Spangle, and Spokane Valley.

Spokane County District Court - Civil/Small Claims
Broadway Center Building
721 N Jefferson Street, Spokane, WA 99260
Phone: (509) 477-4770 ext. 8
Civil limited, small claims, anti-harassment, and mental health therapeutic cases are heard at the Broadway Center Building.

Airway Heights Municipal Court
Physical: 13120 W 13th Avenue, Airway Heights, WA 99001
Mailing: 1208 S Lundstrom Street, Airway Heights, WA 99001
Phone: (509) 244-2773
Fax: (509) 244-1852

Cheney Municipal Court
611 2nd Street, Cheney, WA 99004
Phone: (509) 498-9231
Fax: (509) 498-9332

Medical Lake Municipal Court
611 2nd Street, Cheney, WA 99004
Phone: (509) 498-9231
Fax: (509) 498-9332

Spokane Municipal Court
Public Safety Building
1100 W Mallon Avenue, Spokane, WA 99260
Phone: (509) 625-4400
Fax: (509) 625-4442

The County Clerk maintains the records of the Superior Courts. Obtain copies of these court records by visiting or sending a mail request to:

Spokane County Clerk’s Office
1116 West Broadway Ave
Room 330
Spokane, WA 99201-0090

When sending a mail request, make sure to include a stamped self-addressed envelope, sufficient postage, and copy fees. The fee for non-certified copies of court records is 25 cents per page. Records on microfilm cost 50 cents per page to copy. For certified copies, requesters have to pay $5 for the first page and $1 for each additional page. For further information, call the Clerk’s Office at (509) 477-2211 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. during weekdays.

Case information for Spokane County District and Superior Courts are available online on the county’s Court Viewer website. Start your search by choosing between the two courts and picking from the various search options presented. Records for the Municipal Courts in Spokane County are available online on the Justice Web portal. Follow the instructions and links on the page to search for court records by name, court date, and case number.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

The Clerk of the Superior Court is the official responsible for maintaining divorce records in Spokane County. Visit the Clerk’s Office in Room 330 of 1116 West Broadway Avenue, Spokane. Call the office at (509) 477-2211 to ask about steps required to obtain your divorce record.

The Spokane County Auditor issues marriage licenses and certified copies of marriage certificates for the county. To obtain a certified copy of a marriage certificate, mail a written request including the names of each party and the date of the marriage to the Auditor’s Office at 1116 West Broadway Avenue, Spokane WA 99260. Include a check for applicable fees ($3 per certified copy) payable to Spokane County Auditor. For additional information, call the Auditor’s Office at (509) 477-2217.

The Vital Records office of the Spokane Regional Health District issues birth and death certificates for the county. Its records cover Washington State births from 1907 to the present and Spokane County deaths from 1907 to the present. Download and complete the Application for Certified Copy of Birth/Death Certificates. Bring or mail this to:

Spokane Regional Health District – Vital Records
1101 W. College Ave.
Spokane, WA 99201

The office opens between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. It accepts cash, money orders, and debit/credit cards for in-person requests. Include a cashier’s check or money order covering copy fee with your mail request. Make this payable to SRHD or Spokane Regional Health District. The fee for each certified copy of a birth or death certificate is $20. Vital Records will retain an $8 search fee out of this amount if requested record is unavailable.

Are Property Records Open to the Public in Spokane County?

The Washington Public Records Act provides public access to property records in Spokane County. Anyone seeking Spokane County property records may contact the record custodian for access. However, Washington law provides an exception. Under RCW 42.56.070 (8), requestors cannot obtain lists of individuals for commercial purposes. Upon requesting Spokane County property records, the requestor represents that obtained lists will not be used for a commercial purpose either by the requester, a third party receiving the record from the requester, or a related vendor.

Where and How to Find Property Records in Spokane County?

The Spokane County Assessor's Office maintains property records and provides access to interested persons. Requestors may contact the Assessor's Office with details of the desired records, providing information such as names, addresses, parcel numbers, and other relevant descriptors. Applicants may send mail requests or visit in person from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm on Mondays through Thursdays, and 8:30 am to 1:00 pm on Fridays. Requests should be submitted to the:

Lake County Assessor's Office
Spokane County Courthouse
1116 W Broadway Avenue
Spokane, WA 99260
Phone: (509) 477-3698
Email: assessor@spokanecounty.org

Parties may also contact the Assessor's Office by entering the required information on a contact form. Requestors may be charged copy fees informed by the volume of the request.

How to Look Up Spokane County Property Records

The Spokane County Assessor's Office maintains an online repository where interested requestors may search for and obtain property records. Any interested requestor may provide a parcel number or property address on the search page. Users should note that the Assessor's Office does not guarantee the accuracy of information obtained online. Details may not be recently updated or may contain errors.

Location of Spokane County Property Appraisers

Lake County Assessor's Office
Spokane County Courthouse
1116 W Broadway Avenue
Spokane, WA 99260
Phone: (509) 477-3698
Email: assessor@spokanecounty.org